Nag Tibba Trek – Best Winter Hike Near Delhi
Nag Tibba or Serpent’s Peak, standing at an elevation of 9,915 feet is your calling if you’re seeking a fast rendezvous within the Himalayas! it’s the best peak within the lower Himalayan ranges of the Uttarakhand region.
Nag Tibba translates to “Abode of the immortal or Nag Devta”. Local villagers have a deep reverence for the serpent deity. A temple dedicated to Nag Devta on the mountain summit carries a big value for the local populace. daily devotees throng to supply their obeisance to Him with a staunch belief that Nag Devta is that the protector of their land and cattle.
Beautiful camping locations with glimpses of colossal mountain ranges like Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Srikanth, Black Peak, meandering trails through thick Devdar jungles, and a few remote stretches interspersed with wild flora and exotic wildlife, Nag Tibba is flavored with all the weather of a good Himalayan trek.
- Distance from Delhi to Dehradun:- 255 km (approx.)
- Region- Uttarakhand Himalayas
- District- Tehri Garhwal
- Altitude- 9,915 feet
- Trekking Distance- 10 Km
- Difficulty Level- Easy
- Start Point- Dehradun /Delhi
- Nearest Railway Station- Dehradun Railway Station
- Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun
- Last ATM- At Mussoorie
- Mobile Connectivity- The whole trek is connected with the mobile network but the network tends to get erratic at times
- Best time to visit- January to March.
Suggestion – Kheerganga Trek with camping – 2 Days
Why Should You Visit Nag Tibba?
Camping in Nag Tibba may be a wonderful year-round experience. And when it involves the winter treks in Himalayas, the Nag Tibba trek is that the best-suited option.
Reasons why Nag Tibba Trek is a great trek for beginners
- Wholesome trek: Within the two days of trekking to Nag Tibba, hikers experience most the items that a far longer Himalayan trek must offer – Rhododendron forests, ankle-deep snow, and amazing views of a number of the best peaks of the Himalayas.
- Short duration: Depending on the route, the trek duration may vary between 2 – 5 days. It takes about 7 hours (10 km) to succeed in the hilltop from the bottom camp.
Absence of step terrains: The Nag Tibba trek is one of the best winter treks in India. The terrain is extremely gentle without long stretches of steep climbs. This makes it perfect for those with little or no trekking experience.
Click Here – The Secret Trip
How To Reach Nag Tibba?
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway head. Mussoorie is located at a distance of 33 km from the railway head.
Nearest Airport: Dehradun’s Jolly Grant is the nearest airport. Mussoorie is located at a distance of 60 km from the railway head.
Delhi to Mussoorie: Mussoorie is located at a distance of 285 km from Delhi. Buses and cabs ply between the two cities.
ABOUT NAG TIBBA TREK
- Nag Tibba or Serpent’s Peak, standing at an elevation of 9,915 feet is your calling if you are seeking a quick rendezvous in the Himalayas! It is the highest peak in the lower Himalayan ranges of the Uttarakhand region.
- Nag Tibba translates to “Abode of the Snake God or Nag Devta”. Local villagers have a deep reverence for the serpent deity. A temple dedicated to Nag Devta on the mountain summit carries a significant value for the local populace. Every day devotees throng to offer their obeisance to Him with a staunch belief that Nag Devta is the protector of their land and cattle.
BEST TIME TO VISIT NAG TIBBA TREK
- Nag Tibba is an all-season trek that can be enjoyed all-year-round. Each season is bejewelled with a distinct panorama, the landscape transforms itself beautifully with spectacular scenic views exclusive to that season.
- December to March are the most beautiful months to do this trek when the trails are specked with snow. This trek stuns you with the beauty of pristine white patches and snow-drifted trees standing tall against the magical solitude of winters. It is one of the most popular winter treks soaked in the tranquility and peaceful bliss.
Nag Tibba is blessed with the most salubrious weather throughout the year. While summer boasts of pleasant and clear weather, winter mesmerizes you with a crisp nip in the air. Cool mountain breeze and pleasant weather all year round make Nag Tibba Trek an ideal choice for nature enthusiasts.
Nag Tibba temperature
- Winter months
In the winter months from December to March, the weather varies from -8 degrees minimum to +13 degrees maximum.
- Summer months
In the months from April to June, the temperature ranges from +2 degrees minimum to +20 degrees maximum.
- Monsoon months
July and August are the monsoon months in which the temperatures range from +8 degrees minimum to +18 degrees maximum.
- Fall months
In the months of September, October, and November, the temperatures vary from -4 degrees minimum to +15 degrees maximum.
- Rentals in Pantwari are subject to availability. There are local shops available in Pantwari and participants may directly deal with them.
- Respect local cultures and be sensitive towards wildlife
- To & Fro transport happens in ac public bus or by train or by bike from Delhi to Dehradun and back.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Trekking pant
- Trekking shoes
- Water Bottle
- High Energy Snacks like chocolates, cheese, etc.