Chandrashila Trek With Chopta And Tungnath 2020
The trails of Garhwal Himalayas evoke thrill and adventure. Lofty terrains resulting in the summit work a fantastic experience and therefore the surrounding beauty leaves you enchanted. Chandrashila Trek with Chopta and Tungnath is one in every of the foremost exciting and challenging trails you’ll tread in Uttarakhand.Soaring up at 13000 feet, adorned with mists, coniferous, and snow, this can be one heck of a trek you want to take.
What’s Special About Chandrashila Trek With Chopta And Tungnath
The best part about the Chandrashila Trek is that it’s a year-round trek because the level of fun, thrill, and excitement are exclusive for each season. Autumn and winter treks are the foremost popular. If you would like to fuel your inner adventurer, this trail will definitely put your strength to figure. make preparations to lose yourself within the mighty Himalayas.
Description of the Chopta Tungnath Trek
The trekking trail of Garhwal Himalayan mountains evokes thrill and adventure journey. the amazing trekking trail till the summit point of Chopta chandrashila Trek gives you a spectacular experience. And also the encompassing beauty leaves you spellbound. Deorital Chopta chandrashila Tungnath Trekking is one in all the exciting trails, one can tread in Uttarakhand. At the peak of 13000 feet adorned with mists, snow, and coniferous. The Chopta tungnath trekking journey is year-round for you. during this winter trek, you practice the snow trekking trail and stay in charming campsites.
Chopta Tungnath Trek Best time
The best time to try to Deoriatal chopta chandrashila Trek is in winters from December to March and summers from May to June. This trek will provide you with an opportunity to experience trekking in Uttarakhand. Winters are going to be one among the foremost perfect time for Chopta Chandrashila trek because the snow makes the region beautiful.
Tungnath, the very best Shiva temple within the world located at a height of three,680 meters. And also, it’s one amongst the Panch Kedar shrines. The door remains open for pilgrims within the summer round the end of April and shuts down in November in winter. Chopta Tungnath trek is one in every of the simplest winter treks where one can even enjoy the perspective of the snow peak mountains and beautiful valley.
Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
Maximum Altitude:13,123 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Base Camp: Sari Village (6 hrs drive from Haridwar)
Click Here –
How to reach Chandrashila Trek starting point, Sari Village
By air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to Chopta. It takes around 6.5 hours to hide the 211 km distance from the airport to Sari Village near Chopta by road in an exceedingly private vehicle.
By rail: Haridwar is that the nearest railhead which is well connected with major Indian cities. Taxi and native bus options are available from Haridwar to Sari Village – the bottom camp for Chandrashila Trek.
By road: Private buses, government buses, and taxis all the way from Haridwar to Chopta. 200 km in little but 8 hours.
Life is all about challenges faced while making it to the highest, moments cherished once we make it there, and also the feeling of accomplishment while heading back home! Precisely the emotions experienced when you’re on Chandrashila Trek with Chopta and Tungnath. To live it, book amazing Chopta trekking tours or a customizable Uttarakhand tour package now!
ABOUT CHOPTA TUNGNATH TREK
- Keeping away the clamour of the city life, Chopta valley is perched at an elevation of 2,680 meters and is surrounded by an imposing forest of Oak, deodar and rhododendron that shadow a rich bed of flowering plants.
- The spell bound Chandrashila Summit Trek is characterized by grandeur of its Himalayan Peak. One of the most beautiful treks in the Garhwal Himalayan region, the Chandrashila Summit Trek, maneuvers through beautiful meadows and the unpaved trails.
- At reaching the summit, feast your eyes on the spectacular view of the Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi at 7,817 meters, Trishul at 7,120 meters, Kedarnath at 6,831 meters, Bandarpunch at 6,316 meters and Chaukhamba at 7,138 meters.
Best Time to Visit Chopta Chandrashila Trek
Best time to travel to Chopta is in summers (April – June) and winters (Oct – Dec). Winter treks are also conducted in Chopta and the best months to trek are between Jan and March.
In Summers:The weather of Chopta remains salubrious during summers. The Himalayas are distinctly visible and the cool breeze can felt early in the morning and in the late evening. Carrying light woolens is advised.
In Monsoon:Chopta turns greener during the monsoon season. Although trekking becomes challenging and there are chances of getting roads blocked for a couple of hours due to landslides, the scenic beauty of Chopta during monsoons is worth taking the risk for. Carrying raincoats is advised.
In Winters:The region gets blanketed in snow during the winter season and the accommodation options are also restricted to few. But Chopta looks the best during winters and indeed the trek becomes more difficult. Carrying heavy woolens is advised.
- TUNGNATH TEMPLE
Tungnath is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world and is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys.
It is located at an altitude of 3,680 m (12,073 ft), and just below the peak of Chandrashila. The temple is believed to be 5000 years old  and is the third (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars.
Things to Carry for Chopta Chandrashila Trek
- Warm clothes: windproof jackets, fleece/full sleeve sweater, thermals, woolen cap and socks, mittens and scarf
- Comfortable clothes: tee-shirts, trousers or tracks
- Raincoat or poncho to avoid rains
- Walking stick or trekking pole
- Comfortable trekking or hiking shoes
- Water bottles
- Sunscreen lotion, lip balms, skin ointment and basic medications (or prescribed if any)
- Torchlight or flashlights with extra number of cells and bulbs
- Personal toiletries and towels.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Do not disturb the local life while trekking.
- Do not encourage trekking during the nights; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- This Price does not include transport.